Earth and Space: Year 5 has been thoroughly enjoying learning about our Solar System and the relationships between the Earth, Sun and Moon. Our learning experience should be laid out with this sequence of lessons:
- Explain why we know the Sun, Earth and Moon are spherical.
- Name and describe the features of the planets (in order) in our solar system.
- Explain how the planets move in our system.
- Explain day and night and how the sun appears to move across the sky.
- Investigate night and day in different parts of the Earth.
- Explain the movement of the Moon.