Welcome to Year 6
Teacher: Mrs York
Teaching Assistant: Mrs Paris
Please ensure that your child brings a named water bottle every day.
Mrs York and Mrs Parris
Please encourage your children to further enhance their reading skills via BugClub. All you need to do is:
- Click the link: https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk/login?c=0
- Fill in your username, which will be your first name and initial of your last name (e.g. JamesB).
- Fill in password, which is 123456
- Fill in school code, which is swxg
- Go to My Stuff and read the texts that have been assigned to you!
I’ll be keeping an eye on your progress to see how well you are all doing!
Goes out: Fridays
Due in: Tuesdays
The homework will consist of an English task, mathematics and spellings to practise!
Additional home learning can be found using these sites :
You can help your child at home by:
- Ensuring homework is completed on time.
- Making sure your child has the correct equipment in school (P.E kit, glasses, reading book & record book)
- Encourage them to read a variety of literature/text types and a mixture of fiction/non-fiction. We expect every child to read every day, for at least 15 minutes; a comment should be written in their Reading Record book about the text they have read. Reading is a crucial skill which, particularly at this level, is used in all curriculum areas. We are working very hard to make sure that your child is equipped with the necessary reading skills in preparation for secondary school.
Please ensure that you check your emails and child's Home Communication books for any updates.
The children will sit a range of mock/practice tests throughout the year to allow us to monitor their progress and to prepare them for the week of testing. We use the children’s results each time to inform our planning and to set the children achievable targets during the terms.
Full attendance in Year 6 plays a vital role in your child being equipped for the tests. Learning this year is going to be fast paced. As well as revisiting the learning that has been covered in previous years, we will be introducing new content to them. It will be hard to catch up if your children are absent on the day we teach a new concept to them.
Websites that may be of use with your child’s homework:
Walking to & from school
If you are happy for your child to walk to and from school this year on their own, we will require a letter giving your consent. Please hand this letter to the office.
Housepoints are awarded for positive behaviour and good work.